About me

my name is Hugo plazola and i go Linda marquez hpiam school.
i have been coming to the schools at hp since 2nd grade. i learned to play the guitar and trumpet in hp. i have alot of memories from my childhood that consist of me being in hp. i do like to go to other places like beaches, mall, movies, etc out of hp but i always seem to come back to hp.

Monday, May 1, 2017

Student Success Statement
I have been asked what i mean by ‘word of honor.’ i will tell you: Place me behind prison walls-walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground- there is a possibility that in some way or another i might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my my word of honor never to cross it. Can i get out of that circle? No, Never! I’d die first.”
-Karl G. Maeser

The prison is escape able because it holds nothing over him. But his word of honor is everything is his life . such as if you give your word to be there on time and you break it. You will not only disappoint but you will also prove your word means nothing. That will be the end of any trust that people had in you since you have no honor. So when you need help or a favor they won't trust you to repay them back. You will basically become a bad investment they put in work on you but you won't keep your word and return profits. So you're basically useless and death is better than being useless. That is why he will Never walk out of that circle after he gave his word of honor

No comments:

Post a Comment